Townsville Motel Accommodation
Managed by friendly onsite managers Bob & Marg Halliday, the Cedar Lodge Motel offers excellent Townsville Motel Accommodation.
Townsville is the largest city in North Queensland with a population of 160,000 people. It lies 1500km north of Brisbane by road, and is only one and a half hours by air.
The city is surrounded by tropical rainforests and waterfalls, and also lies close to the Great Barrier Reef, tropical islands and the Outback.
Townsville is a cosmopolitan city with many world class restaurants, bars, cafes and casino, and is also home to many spectacular tourist attractions.
Some of these include:
- THE STRAND – 2.5km of beachfront boulevard featuring a rock pool, the Strand Pier, beaches, cafes, bars, restaurants, picnic spots and water park.
- REEF HQ – The world’s largest living coral reef aquarium.
- GREAT BARRIER REEF MARINE PARK – Snorkelling, diving and glass-bottom boats.
- YONGALA WRECK – Australia’s best dive site.
- MAGNETIC ISLAND – Spectacular tropical island only 30 minutes away by catamaran ferry.
- BILLABONG SANCTUARY – A great place to learn about Australian native wildlife.
- CASTLE HILL – Standing some 286 metres above sea level, this huge pink granite monolith stands in the heart of Townsville. After reaching the summit, either via road or trekking, the views of the city, Cleveland Bay and nearby Magnetic Island are breath-taking.
- MUSEUM OF TROPICAL QUEENSLAND – The keeping place for the historical treasures of the ship that chased the Bounty mutineers, as well as world significant scientific coral collections.
- ROSS RIVER – Enjoy the beautiful and relaxing walkways and paths.
- BREAKWATER MARINA – An ideal boating destination, boasting first-class facilities with a modern floating 280 berth capacity marina.
- NORTH QUEENSLAND MILITARY MUSEUM – Located in old gun stores, the museum collects, preserves and exhibits the history of the Australian army in North Queensland.